Consider the following scenario:
- You have successfully activated EMS or Microsoft Intune license SKUs to your Azure AD Subscription and to your admin account.
- You can successfully access and use the Microsoft Intune Account Portal (https://account.manage.microsoft.com/)
- When attempting to access the Microsoft Intune Admin Console (https://admin.manage.microsoft.com/) using your admin account and IE11, the Dashboard is never presented – instead you get stuck on a blue spinning circle that never disappears (see picture 1), or you get a message saying “This application requires Microsoft Silverlight.” even if Silverlight is already installed on the machine (see picture 2).
- When getting the second symptom, a link is provided to “Get Microsoft Silverlight”. When attempting to install Silverlight from the provided link, you get a message saying that “The same version of Silverlight is already installed”.
The first symptom (the spinning blue circle that never disappears) may be related to ActiveX Filtering. Disabling it ( Gear Icon or Tools / Safety / ActiveX Filtering) should make the Dashboard load – or present the second symptom.
The second symptom (Dashboard does not load but instead say that the machine is missing Microsoft Silverlight even if it is installed) is related to a faulty procedure to detect Silverlight within Microsoft Intune.
The third symptom (Silverlight installation fails if you follow the link to download and install Silverlight from the message presented as part of symptom #2) is expected, as there is not a problem with your Silverlight installation – the message appears due to an issue related to Microsoft Intune and how it detects Silverlight on the machine.
Follow these steps to be able to access the Microsoft Intune Admin Console using IE11:
- Open Internet Explorer 11 and navigate to https://admin.manage.microsoft.com/
- If you get Symptom 1 (Spinning Circle), click the Gear Icon and click Safety \ ActiveX Filtering. Reload the page. This should either load the Dashboard or produce Symptom 2.
- If you get Symptom 2 (Message that Silverlight is not installed on the machine when it actually is), close all instances of Internet Explorer and navigate to Windows Control Panel \ Programs and Features and uninstall Microsoft Silverlight.
- After the uninstallation of Microsoft Silverlight finishes, open Internet Explorer and navigate back to https://admin.manage.microsoft.com/. This time, follow the link “Get Microsoft Silverlight”, download and run the linked file and complete the installation wizard.
- Close all instances of Internet Explorer and start it again, navigate back to https://admin.manage.microsoft.com/. The Dashboard should now load, but if it still does not and Symptom 1 or Symptom 2 appears even this time, click the Gear Icon and click Safety \ ActiveX Filtering, then reload the page. The Dashboard will load.